Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Trading with Antssys 2016 (Opinion)  (Read 2037 times)

Bobiqe

Trading with Antssys 2016 (Opinion)
« on: October 17, 2016, 01:29:49 PM »
Hey guys,

I have been testing the Antssys system for the last three weeks with very successful results.
I trade using the Antssys 321 trading strategy with a slight change, I stick with a simple 3 pip chart for entry and 8pip for trend identification.
I avoid trading important news times 1 hour before/1 hour after.

My personal trading preference:

-Entry: Find entry opportunity on the 3 pip chart
-Trade within/Close to MA Zone (configure zone size to 10), again this is on the short term time frame of 3 pips.
-Use ADR ranges avoid currencies that have hit 100%, we know currencies have a very high probability of hitting the 75% ADR level so I   look for positions that will give me enough pips before that level is hit.
*If using ants IQ charts, scroll back 5 days to make sure your browser reads the ranges properly*
-8 pip chart (long term trend) quick look at the 8 pip chart to make sure I am trading in the correct direction.

Like I stated earlier the results have been amazing and I cant thank the Antssys team enough. But I would like to know other techniques of using the system from the community. Also some advice/opinions of someone with more experience trading with Ants for a longer period of time. Would be great to get some feedback.

Bobiqe

Re: Trading with Antssys 2016 (Opinion)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 03:24:56 PM »
RE:

I'm a little uncertain on trading majors, I haven't yet discovered a way to properly trade it yet. Because the market does move as much, so I would naturally assume that instead of a 3 pip chart I would have to use something like a 2 pip for short term and like 6 pip for long term chart?

A great combination to converge with the Antssys trading platform, if you are an Oanda customer. Is Autochartist, I've been combining the two together and its given me very positive results. 

Scott Hemmings

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 02:05:26 AM »
Bobiqe,

There is no hard and fast rule about which size charts to apply for the ANTS trading.  It is personal preference and your reading of the charts.  Throughout the Forum, there are a few comments about this topic.

An excellent resource is the ANTSSYS YouTube channel.  In some of the more recent webinars, Neil provides some great examples of how to modify the range bar sizes so as to achieve some "smoothing" of the charts and the relationship to the all-important 300EMA.  Irrespective of whether you are trading on eSignal, the ANTSSYS Trading Platform ("ATP"), or any other platform, the recorded webinars on YouTube are very informative.  You won't be wasting your time in viewing them.

I wish you well with your ANTS journey.

Bobiqe

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 04:18:21 PM »
Progress Report:

Excellent progress from the Antssys System for me today.

Trading GBPUSD and EURUSD only.

Pictures attached will show my personal trades.

My strategy with TP/SL is 5-7 pips stop loss max
with a TP that ranges from a minimum of 15 pips to 45 pips. (I dont have the nerves for more than 50 pips). 

Win/Loss ratio is easily 50/50, but that does not matter because a single win covers 3 losses of my usual 5 pip sl. 

Bobiqe

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 04:27:47 PM »
And to show you that the trade and system is being used Live and not just an analysis of the past movement, I will attach screen shot of live market order.
I use oanda fx platform to execute my trades for precision and to monitor pips and units etc, but antssys chart for analysis. Top right corner shows +16 pips, However I took 15 pips.

This trade is the figure 2 on first picture. 

Scott Hemmings

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 09:40:56 PM »
Being an OANDA account user on the ATP, have you considered utilising the "Trading" function within the ATP?

For me, I like to set up open fxTrade tickets for each potential trade for the charts I am watching.  This also gives me the ability to easily see all of the trade numbers prior to entry.

Once in the trade, the ATP allows for integrated trade management, for example, easily moving the TP on the chart itself during the trade as it develops.

Bobiqe

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 11:14:55 AM »
Hi Scott,

I do use the ATP to trail my stops as the trade progresses. However, I use oanda fx for entry because it tells me the value of the pip/units.